At D&D, we take our environmental stewardship seriously. That’s why, over the past decade, we have invested in technology and solutions that reduce overhead and improve productivity for our customers while lowering greenhouse gas emissions.
D&D has also been a proud member of the industry-leading U.S. EPA SmartWay® Transport Partnership since 2009. The SmartWay Program, a market-driven initiative working to advance freight sector efficiency, enables companies across the supply chain to make informed transportation choices. By providing a consistent set of tools and information, SmartWay empowers its partners to exchange performance data in ways that protect the environment, enhance our nation’s energy security, and foster economic vitality.
To demonstrate our commitment to superior environmental performance, D&D is doing its part to control excessive fuel consumption and pollutants—working diligently to reduce CO2 and NOx emissions. Here are several of our additional contributions:
- Investment in aerodynamics truck and trailers
- Driver training and incentives for reduced fuel consumption
- Latest diesel engine technology
- Idle reduction strategies such as pre-pass for scales/weigh stations
- Reduced fuel consumption with direct fired heaters
- Speed management (trucks governed at 65 MPH)
- Tire technology for automatic tire inflation
- Low-viscosity lubricants
- Improved freight logistics
D&D represents the top one percent of environmental performers of the SmartWay’s 3000+ partners. We are proud to be honored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as one of 39 carriers leading our industry in freight supply chain environmental performance and energy efficiency.