The D&D Driver Difference, Part 1: TECHNOLOGY
April 05, 2016
At D&D Transportation, we offer amenities drivers don’t always consider or prioritize during either their job search. But what may seem to be minor company perks during the application process are much more—they make all the difference when it comes to having an enjoyable trucking career.
This is one of the many reasons we work hard to stay ahead of the game in terms of technological advances in the trucking industry: the safety and well-being of our drivers is at stake. We believe trucking companies bear a tremendous responsibility to equip drivers with state-of-the-art technology that empowers and protects them. Such advanced equipment is invaluable on the roads, especially in unfavorable driving conditions.
Here are a few ways we employ the use of technology to benefit our drivers.
- Our fleet is new and top of the line. D&D’s most recently purchased Freightliners (20 total, and all of them moving forward) come equipped with Detroit DT-12 Automated Manual Transmissions, which means maximum performance, safety and fuel efficiency.
- Radar systems. Our 20 newest Freightliners (and all moving forward) are also equipped with Detroit Assurance Safety System, which means exceptional control and protection for maximum on-road safety. Bumper-mounted radar can detect and track up to 40 objects at a distance of up to 660 feet.
- PrePass. We offer this automatic vehicle identification system (AVI) that allows drivers to be pre-screened at designated weigh stations and toll booths, thus bypassing long lines and moving through fast lanes without stopping. PrePass saves our drivers time and reduces congestion.
- In-vehicle technology. All of our trucks are equipped with electronic logs and state-of-the-art Qualcomm units. Several also include power invertors, and many more of our trucks will include this technology as we add to our fleet.
- Additional safety features. We also provide drivers’ lane departure, stability control, and hand-braking so our drivers can be as safe as possible while on the road.
At D&D, we offer the aforementioned equipment and technology, but not at a loss to environmental performance. In fact, we were one of only 39 truck carriers in the U.S. to be awarded the 2015 EPA SmartWay® Excellence Award.
We believe a well-rounded approach to trucking benefits not just our drivers and our economy, but the environment, as well. In an industry that often struggles to keep up with technology, our philosophy is that everybody wins when we provide our drivers with technology that helps them do their jobs better. Learn more about a career with D&D here.
Editor’s note: This post marks the first in a series of three that discusses benefits to D&D drivers. Stay tuned for our next post in this series, The D&D Driver Difference, Part 2: BENEFITS.
- D&D Idaho Private 100 Award and Proud Recognition
- We have an idea of what a truck driver’s like when we’re a kid, but we don’t really know much
- The D&D Driver Difference, Part 3: SUPPORT
- February 2018
- September 2017
- July 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- November 2010
- March 2010